Ce document n'est actuellement disponible qu'en anglais.
- How to configure the EPOS4 to get rid of error messages even if no motor and encoder is connected?
A master's program flow and communication with EPOS4 has to be tested without having a motor or encoder actually connected to the controller. The specific error messages due to the missing motor and encoder shall be suppressed during this test case.
Depending on the motor and encoder configuration the EPOS4 will not monitor if there is a motor and encoder actually connected or not. There will be none of the specific error states present then which is normally triggered by a motor, hall sensor, or encoder malfunction. The following configuration is required to do so:
- Select "DC motor"
The motor type "DC motor" has to be selected by EPOS Studio's "Startup" wizard:
It is also possible to configure "DC motor" type directly by the object "Motor type" (0x6402 = 1) which can be accessed by the "Object Dictionary" tool (instead of using the "Startup" wizard):
Do not configure "EC motor" resp. "BL motor" (= brushless motor) because this will always result in "Hall sensor" error states if no motor is connected.
- Disable "Encoder supervision"
Monitoring of encoder signals has to be disabled by setting bit 8 "Sensor supervision" of the object "Axis configuration miscellaneous" (0x3000/04). This object can be accessed and modified (0x3000/04 = 0x0100) by EPOS Studio's "Object Dictionary" tool:
- Set "Following error window" to its maximum value
Monitoring of the so-called "Following error" can be discarded by setting the "Following error window" to its maximum of 4294967295 increments by EPOS Studio's "Startup" wizard. There will be no "Following error" (0x8611) reported then if a motion is commanded by no movement or encoder signals are detected by the controller.
It is also possible to configure the object "Following error window" (0x6065) by the "Object Dictionary" tool (instead of using the "Startup" wizard) to its maximum of 429496729 increments:
- Please ensure that the "Startup" wizard is finally closed by pressing the "Finish" button. Otherwise the modified settings are discarded again.
- In case of any modifications of object values by the "Object Dictionary" tool, please finally right-click in the "Object dictionary" and select "Save All Parameter" by the pop-up menu.
- Do not miss to configure the motor type, motor data, encoder data, and encoder supervision properly if a motor or encoder is connected later on for machine or device operation.